This time last year we had a two month old and were gearing up for a cross country move and road trip with two babies under two. This summer is about chilling hard. Chris is taking Latin and we are home until a little road trip vacation to Rhode Island the first two weeks of August, before his fall semester starts. I want to keep things simple and enjoy this season, but also have some things to point back to and say, I did this, I had a good summer. So this is my super easy to do list for summer 2018.
- read books (including fave summer re-reads – we’re on HP #3 audio and I’m reading Anne of the Island)
- Frequent trips to the library to beat the heat and summer reading program 😍
- keep the garden going
- try not to kill all the houseplants
- get Zelie sleeping through the night
- move the girls into one room
- get to the beach sometimes weekly
- get to the nearby convent to pray sometimes weekly
- exercise in the humidity somehow
- learn to make margaritas and keep trying new recipes from the amazingly huge Cook’s Illustrated cookbook that Maya gave me 🙌🏼
- go see a few movies by myself (Oceans 8 is the only one on my list. what other movies are coming out this summer? I live under a rock.)
What’s on your list for the summer?
One thought on “summer to do list”